Dr Ali Yesilirmak, LLB (Dokuz Eylul), LLM (UT Austin), PhD
Ali Yesilirmak holds an LLB from Dokuz Eylul University, an LLM from the University of Texas at Austin and a PhD from Queen Mary, University of London. He is an Associate Professor at İstanbul Sehir University Law School. He is a Counsel at Baker & McKenzie in İstanbul.
Ali is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. He was/is a member of the Committee attached to the Ministry of Justice and entrusted with the drafting the new Code of Civil Procedure (2011), of the Committee entrusted with the drafting of the Law on Conciliation in respect of Civil Matters (2011) and its Regulation (2012); and of the draft Law on Istanbul Arbitration Centre. He published various books and articles on arbitration, litigation, mediation, execution and bankruptcy. He is a general editor on international dispute resolution series in which six books have been published in Turkish. He was awarded with Schmitthoff scholarship; did internships at the International Chamber of Commerce and the American Arbitration Association, was a research assistant to HE Judge Professor Dr Carl Baudenbacher of the EFTA Court.
Visiting lecturer for the LLM module 'International and Comparative Commercial Arbitration'
- International Bankruptcy Law (XII Levha: Istanbul 2011) (in Turkish)
- Negotiation, Mediation and Arbitration in Effective Resolution of Disputes for Restoration of Commercial Life and Investment Environment: Problems and Proposals for Solutions (XII Levha: İstanbul 2011) (in Turkish)
- Libyan Crisis in respect of International Investment Law (with Macit Kenanoglu) (Küre: İstanbul 2011) (in Turkish)
- Provisional Measures in International Commercial Arbitration (Kluwer Law International: The Hague 2005)
- “Interim and Conservatory Measures in ICC Arbitral Practice 1999-2008”, ICC International Court of Arbitration Bulletin, 2011, v. 22, Special Supplement, pp. 5-11.
- “Timing of Examination by Courts in respect of Arbitral Jurisdiction under Turkish Law” (with Ceyda Süral) in: Herbert Kronke / Karsten Thorn, Grenzen überwinden – Prinzipien bewahren – Fetstschrift für Bernd von Hoffmann, pp. 1101-1112 (Bielefeld 2011)
- “Geçerli Bir Tahkim Anlaşmasının Varlığına Rağmen Genel Haciz yoluyla Takip Yapılabilir mi? (Could General Execution Proceedings be Initiated Despite the Existence of a Valid Arbitration Agreement?)”, Türkiye Barolar Birliği Dergisi, pp. 205-228 (2011).
- Turkish International Civil Procedural Law in the New Millennium - Revisited, Medeni Usul ve Icra Iflas Hukuku Dergisi pp. 1-31 (2011)
- “Kurumsal Arabuluculuk Kurallarının Karşılaştırılması ve Değerlendirilmesi (Comparision and Evaluation of Institutional Mediation Rules)”, Medeni Usul ve Icra-Iflas Hukukçuları Toplantısı – IX – Hukuk Uyuşmazlıklarında Arabuluculuk, pp. 155-181, (Ankara 2010)
- “Alternatif Uyuşmazlık Çözüm Yolu Olarak Hakem-Bilirkişilik (Expert Determination as Alternatie Dispute Resolution Mechanism)”, Prof. Dr. Bilge Umar Armağanı – Dokuz Eylül Üniversitesi Hukuk Fakültesi Dergisi, pp. 693-738 (2009)
- “Provisional and Protective Measures under Austrian Arbitration Law”, Arbitration International, v. 23/4, pp. 185-200 (2007)
- “Provisional Measures” in Mistelis & Lew (eds), Pervasive Problems in International Arbitration, pp. 185-200 (Kluwer Law International 2006)
- “Amerikan Hukuk Enstitüsü ve Özel Hukukun Bütünlestirilmesine Iliskin Milletlerarası Enstitü’nün Uluslarötesi Hukuk Usulü Prensipleri” (ALI/UNIDROIT Transnational Principles on Civil Procedure), Medenî Usûl ve Icra Iflâs Hukuku Dergisi, v. I/2, 391- 405 (2005) (translation)
- “The Turkish International Arbitration Law of 2001” 19(2) J of Int’l Arb 171-178 (2002)
- “Chapter on Turkey” in World Arbitration Reporter (Mistelis/Shore (eds))
- “Chapter on Turkey” in International Commercial Arbitration (Bergsten ed.)
- “Chapter on Turkey” in Handbook on International Commercial Arbitration (with Dr Mahmut T. Birsel and Ahmet Çavusoglu)
- “Development of Effective Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution Regime in Turkey”, Mealey’s IAR, v. 20/9, pp. 1-4 (2005)
- The Turkish International Arbitration Law of 2001” (2001 tarihli Türk Tahkim Kanunu), Journal of International Arbitration, v. 19/2, pp. 171-178 (2002).
- “Interim and Conservatory Measures in ICC Arbitral Practice”, ICC Int’l Ct Arb Bull, v. 11/1, pp. 31-36 (2000)
- “Provisional Measures under the Brussels Convention of 1968 and Arbitration”, Banka ve Ticaret Hukuku Dergisi, v. XX/2, pp. 217-228, (2000)
- “The End of a Prolonged Era: Disputes Arising From Turkish Concession Contracts Are Now Arbitrable”, Mealey’s IAR, v. 14/9, pp. 27 (1999)
- “Jurisdiction of International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes Over Turkish Concession Contracts”, ICSID Rev-FILJ, v. 14, pp. 390-420 (1999)