The School of Tax Law at the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) offers an LLM in Tax Law and a Postgraduate Diploma in Taxation as well as a postgraduate research programme.
The LLM in Tax Law at CCLS is the pre-eminent Tax LLM in the United Kingdom and one of the leading programmes in the United Kingdom and Europe. The LLM has a strong international and comparative focus. It offers a range of modules and covers important jurisdictions like the United Kingdom, the United States, the European Union and China and specific subject areas like Transfer Pricing and Intellectual Property Taxation.
The LLM in Tax Law gives our students a strong understanding not only of tax rules but also how tax regimes operate in practice. In addition, our students have the opportunity to strengthen a range of employment related 'soft' skills such as legal research, legal writing and legal English. Unsurprisingly, our students go on to a range of exciting jobs in law, accounting and consulting firms, government and think tanks in the United Kingdom and abroad.
Members of the School of Tax Law are engaged in cutting edge research and advisory work, and our taught and research students have the benefit of their up to date knowledge of developments in taxation. Students also benefit from studying in London, one of the world's leading centres of business and finance and the capital of one of the most important legal and tax jurisdictions in the world.
The LLM in Tax Law can be pursued on a full or part-time basis. Further information on the LLM in Tax Law is available here.
Tax modules can also be taken toward a Postgraduate Diploma in Taxation.
Information on the PhD programme is available here.
- Professor Dr David Southern QC (Visiting Professorial Fellow and Head, School of Tax Law)
- Dr Christiana HJI Panayi (Senior Lecturer in Tax Law)
- Dr Bernard Schneider (Lecturer in International Tax Law and Director, LLM in Tax Law)
- Professor Joy Svasti-Salee (Visiting Professorial Fellow)
- Mr Richard Walters (Department of Law).
- QLLM062 International Tax Law
- QLLM087 Taxation Principles and Concepts
- QLLM120 Business Taxation
- QLLM122 European Union Tax Law
- QLLM162 Intellectual Property Taxation
- QLLM163 Value Added Tax
- QLLM180 US International Taxation
- QLLM195 Transfer Pricing
- QLLM356 Chinese Taxation.
Further information on the LLM in Tax Law is available here.