This is the first Energy Law summer school in the UK. It is for practitioners, regulators and advanced law students. It covers the basics of energy law and also uniquely introduces the students to policy, science and technology issues that relate to energy law.
The aim of this summer school is to ensure that students leave with a comprehensive overview of the legal issues that arise in the energy sector. Sessions will provide a number of different learning approaches with case studies, interactive sessions and blended learning. The expert lecturers and professors are from universities worldwide noted for their energy law, policy and science expertise and includes a number of renowned energy law practitioners.
The summer school is organised by the ENRLI.
- Professor Jacqueline Weaver, University of Houston, US & Distinguished Visiting Professor, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Professor Raphael J Heffron, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Peter Roberts, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Dr Roman Sidortsov, Assistant Professor in Energy Policy, Michigan Tech, US
- Dr Patrick Baker, Assistant Professor in Law, University of Tennessee, US
- Dr Deni Mantzari, Lecturer in Law, University of Reading, UK
- Dr Darren McCauley, Senior Lecturer in Energy Policy, University of St. Andrews, UK
- Professor Michael LaBelle, Central European University
- Ana Stanic, E&A Law Ltd, UK.
More to be announced.
- Day 1: Energy Law; Mining Law
- Day 2: Oil and Gas Law & Policy
- Day 3: Low Carbon Energy Law; Energy Infrastructure Development
- Day 4: Energy Economics; Electricity Markets, Competition Law & Policy; Global Energy Deals; Resource Curse
- Day 5: Law for Energy Waste; Energy Ethics & Justice; Environmental & Social Impact Assessments.
- Dates: 18-25 June 2017
- Arrival: Sunday 18 June
- Classes: Monday 19 - Friday 23 June
- Free Day: Saturday 24 June
- Departure: Sunday 25 June.
Full 5 Day - Summer School – 19-23 June
- £300.00 for applicants from developing world countries
- £750.00 for Professionals/Trainees
- £500.00 for Students.
For Summer Sessions
- Session 1 – 19 June – Energy Law and Ethics
£75 per day (09.00-17.30)
- Session 2 – June 20 - Energy Law and Decommissioning
£75 per day (09.00-17.30)
- Session 3 – June 21 - Asian Energy Projects and Taxation Analysis
£75 per day (09.00-17.30).
If you have any questions, please contact Professor Raphael Heffron: email@example.com.
Early Applications accepted. Please send your CV and one page cover letter to Raphael at: firstname.lastname@example.org.