This is the first Energy Law summer school in the UK. It is for practitioners, regulators and advanced law students. It covers the basics of energy law and also uniquely introduces the students to policy, science and technology issues that relate to energy law.
The aim of this summer school is to ensure that students leave with a comprehensive overview of the legal issues that arise in the energy sector. Sessions will provide a number of different learning approaches with case studies, interactive sessions and blended learning. The expert lecturers and professors are from universities worldwide noted for their energy law, policy and science expertise and includes a number of renowned energy law practitioners.
The summer school is organised by the ENRLI.
- Professor Jacqueline Weaver, University of Houston, US & Distinguished Visiting Professor, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Professor Raphael J Heffron, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Peter Roberts, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Dr Roman Sidortsov, Assistant Professor in Energy Policy, Michigan Tech, US
- Dr Patrick Baker, Assistant Professor in Law, University of Tennessee, US
- Dr Deni Mantzari, Lecturer in Law, University of Reading, UK
- Dr Darren McCauley, Senior Lecturer in Energy Policy, University of St. Andrews, UK
- Professor Michael LaBelle, Central European University
- Ana Stanic, E&A Law Ltd, UK.
And: David Doran (DFDL), William Greenlee (DFDL), and Jack Sheehan (DFDL).
- Day 1: 19 June – Energy Law and Ethics
- Day 2: June 20 - Energy Law and Decommissioning
- Day 3: June 21 - Asian Energy Projects and Taxation Analysis
- Day 4: June 22 - Energy Conflicts - Coal & Gas & Fracking Science, Law and Policy Issues
- Day 5: June 23 - Presentations & Future of Energy Law;
- Dates: 18-25 June 2017
- Arrival: Sunday 18 June
- Classes: Monday 19 - Friday 23 June
- Free Day: Saturday 24 June
- Departure: Sunday 25 June.
If you have any questions, please contact Professor Raphael Heffron: firstname.lastname@example.org.