The Speakers of our First Energy Forum: Sam Laidlaw, Paul Skinner, Lord Mogg, Lord O’Donnell, Ed Davey, Silke Goldberg, Raphael Heffron
ENRLI Inaugural Energy Forum event
The Institute held its inaugural Energy Forum event on 22 October 2015 on 'Legal Challenges to Achieving an EU Energy Union'.
Lord O'Donnell GCB moderated a panel of experts that included:
- Ed Davey, Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change 2012-2015
- Silke Goldberg, Corporate Counsel, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Dr Raphael Heffron, Senior Lecturer in Energy and Natural Resources, Energy and Natural Resources Law Institute, Queen Mary University of London
- Sam Laidlaw, Executive Chairman Neptune Oil and Gas Limited
- Lord Mogg, President of the Council of European Energy Regulators and Chair of the Board of Regulators for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators
- Paul Skinner CBE, Chair of Defence Equipment and Support within the UK Government, Ministry of Defence.
Energy Forum Events for 2016/2017 will be announced soon:
For further information on Forum participation and membership, please contact Maria Taylor, Chair Energy Forum, at email@example.com or +44 (0)788 1511 420
Energy Forum 2: 4 February 2016
'Science, Law and Climate Change - innovating sustainable solutions'.
Leo Johnson, Partner PWC moderated a panel of experts that included:
- Lord Richard Layard, Director of Wellbeing Programme, LSE Centre for Economic Performance, Emeritus Professor of Economics
- Professor Rafael Leal-Arcas, Professor of European and International Economic Law, Queen Mary University of London
- Sir Chris Llewellyn Smith FRS, Director of Energy research, Oxford University, and President of the Council of SESAME (Synchrotron-light for experimental science and its applications in the Middle East)
- Peter Zaman, Partner Reed Smith.
Energy Forum 3: 19 May 2016
'The legal impact of sustained low energy prices'
Henry Byam Cook, Barrister moderated a panel of experts that included:
- Salman Ahmed, Global Strategist Lombard Odier Asset Management (Europe) Ltd
- Eric Bensaude, Managing Director, Cheniere
- Julia Derrick, Senior Associate in Global Energy, Ashurt LLP
- Alexander Holroyd, Director, FTI Consulting.
Energy Forum 4: 15 September 2016
‘The Material Adverse Change in Energy Contracts - "Friend or Foe"?’
Professor Philip Rawlings moderated a panel of experts that included:
- The Hon. Mr Justice Blair, The Royal Courts of Justice
- William Breeze, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Nigel Drew, DLA Piper
- Neil Q Miller, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Professor Loukas Mistelis, Clive M Schmitthoff Professor of Transnational Commercial Law and Arbitration, Centre for Commercial Law Studies.
Energy Forum 5: 17 November 2016
‘The Future of Energy Subsidies’
Professor Rafael Leal-Arcas moderated a panel of experts that included:
- Michelle T Davies, Eversheds International and Head of Clean Energy and Sustainability
- Gordon Nardell QC, 20 Essex Street
- Dr Rahmat Poudineh, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
- Guido Prearo, Canadian Solar.