The Annual Clifford Chance Energy Law Lecture Series
This is now one of key dates in the Energy Law Calendar for energy law academics, practitioners and policy-makers in the UK and internationally.
In 2015, we welcomed Lord Browne of Madingley, former CEO of British Petroleum (BP), for the inaugural 2015 Annual Clifford Chance lecture. He spoke about the energy sector and its relationship with society, while touching on his role to help encourage greater transparency in developing countries and tackle climate change.
The 2016 Annual Clifford Chance Lecture was delivered by Sir David King, currently the UK Government Foreign Secretary's Special Representative for Climate Change. He spoke about future sustainable options to tackle climate change.
Please contact us if you would like further details or to be added to the Annual lecture invitation list.
Events held by ENRLI
- 2 February 2017 - Third Annual Clifford Chance Lecture
- 25 November 2016 - Donny Ching, General Counsel of Royal Dutch Shell
- November 2016 - Energy Fundamentals Course
- 21 October 2016 - Rupert Steele OBE, Regulation Director, ScottishPower
- 18 October 2016 - Andrew Wright, Senior Partner, Ofgem
- 11 October 2016 - Edward Flippen, Counsel, McGuire Woods LLP
- 15 September 2016 - Energy Forum – The Material Adverse Change in Energy Contracts - "Friend or Foe"?
- 13 September 2016 - QMUL LLM in Paris Opening Lecture by Andrew Clarke, General Counsel, ExxonMobil International Ltd on Law and the Energy Industry
- 18 March 2016 - Roundtable on Upstream Due Diligence and Human Rights
- 29 January 2016 - Norton Rose Fulbright Energy Social
- 13 January 2016 - Annual Lecture of the Energy and Natural Resource Law Institute – Sir David King
- 4 December 2015 - Energy and Natural Resources Guest Lecture: Francesca Manchi on 'EU Energy Policy in Historic context: impact on Current Priorities'
- 23 October 2015 - Jack Balagia, General Counsel, ExxonMobil International
- 13 March 2015 - Tom Whitehouse, Chairman, London Environmental Investment Forum (LEIF)
- 30 January 2015 - Guido Santi, EDF Energy
- 15 January 2015 - Inaugural Annual Lecture of the Energy and Natural Resources Law Institute - Lord Browne of Madingley
- 21 November 2014 - Graham Vinter, General Counsel, BG Group
- 13 November 2014 - Mexico's Energy Reform - Carlos Bellorin, Juan Carlos Lobardo and Professor Owen L. Anderson
- 7 November 2014 - Rupert Bondy, Group General Counsel, BP
- 7 March 2014 - James Dallas, Partner, Dentons: 'Macondo - Implications and lessons learned'
- 7 February 2014 - Maria Taylor, Head of Credit, EDF Trading Ltd: ‘Risk Management Techniques in the Energy Sector’
- 6 December 2013 - Peter Rees, Legal Director, Shell International BV: ‘Global Legal Issues for the World's Oil and Gas Companies’
- 18 October 2013 - Andrew Clarke, Esso UK Ltd: 'The Energy Outlook and Life as an In-house Lawyer'.